Submit your piece now and win a dinner with the speakers!
Dear fellow Czech and Slovak students, This year we have decided to utilise our unique platform, the Central European Conference, to create a neutral and informed forum for your ideas, and thus include you in the process of shaping the debate on the most pressing issues of the Central European region. Therefore, we have decided to start a blog, where we will publish all of your inputs. Moreover, we are launching a competition to accompany the publications. The winner, who will have submitted the most original, persuasive and intriguing piece, will be able to attend a special dinner with all of this year’s conference speakers, where they could engage in an intimate discussion on this year’s topics, their expertise and beyond. Furthermore, he/she will be able to enjoy a free ticket for the conference. Other top 5 submissions will be published in this year’s conference brochure.
We expect all the submissions to have approximately 600 words.
1. Public healthcare crisis: Are private providers the answer?
2. Power engineering: the future of nuclear energy
3. Are we equal? Social Inequalities in Czechia and Slovakia
4. The Rule of Law: Can law protect liberal democracy?
- Op-ed: the aim of the piece is to clearly present your opinion, and analytically evaluate and predict the development of a chosen sub-problem /within the topics of the four panels, i.e. vis-á-vis “The Rule of Law: Can law protect liberal democracy?” one could possibly focus on the freedom of speech and safeguards against infringements upon it/, this format allows for subjective evaluation based on evidence, the text should, nevertheless, be hyperlinked and properly referenced
- Argumentative essay: standard argumentative essay with one central argument (the essay should not be longer than the prescribed word count), the essay should provide an explanation to emergence of a certain phenomenon /within the topics of the four panels/, or argue for implementation of a specific policy to alleviate the problem at hand, the text should also be hyperlinked and properly referenced
• Publication: the text will be edited, and then, with author’s permission, published on the CE Conference webpage (http://ceconference.co.uk) In the submission, the author should write their name, a university they attend, and an email address.